dbi
driven by insomnia
Main | User list | Search | Register | Login

You are not logged in.
driven by insomnia / General Discussion / What's that? Feed the poor AND learn?  
Author
Message Pages: 1
Golbez
Dirty Bastid

You got it.

http://www.freerice.com/index.php

Bookmark it. See FAQ for some short, insightful info about the site. Check out the Totals too.

I've donated over 11k grains of rice so far.

11-09-07 05:46 AM
Website  
MasTeR
E-S-L

is this for chinese people?

11-11-07 02:34 AM

Golbez
Dirty Bastid

Lol, it's hard to tell if that's a serious question or not. In the event that it is, every word you score right will "buy/donate" 10 grains of rice to poor people. In Asia and Africa, I'd guess. The new ads that are displayed are what pays the site, which the UN controls and will use that  revenue to fund the rice.

11-11-07 03:56 PM
Website  
Schaef
Hahahahaha

Damn Golbez, You sat through atleast 550 questions? I donated 200 grains and got bored for today. =P

11-12-07 07:36 PM

Golbez
Dirty Bastid

I've donated about 20,000 grains of rice roughly, so about 2000 correct questions, maybe 3000 questions altogether, many of them repeats. But I'm tryin' to learn 'em. I do pretty well because I've had spanish for 4 years, latin for 1 semester, and I'm a biochemist, and some of the language we use for naming structures and things pop up every now and again in some other words.

Plus, I gotta take the GRE - Graduate Requisite Exam, my entrance exam for a master's program, and part of the test is on vocab like this ****. So it's good practice for that too.

11-12-07 10:17 PM
Website  
Pages: 1    
Jump to